Did you get the new iPhone? Do you want to move all the content from the old iPhone to the new one? When you want to do that, you first thought is certainly using iTunes or iCloud, which is the official method. And this article will show you easier way to transfer the data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone.
1. Connect your old iPhone to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Then tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
2. Make sure that iCloud Backup is on.
3. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to Wi-Fi during the process.
4. Until it finishes, you can see the backup with the date and size in Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage. Learn What iCloud backs up.
Transfer your iCloud backup to your new iPhone
1. Turn on your new iPhone. You will see a “Hello” screen.
Note: If you have finished setting up your new iPhone already, please tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You iPhone will restart and you will see the “Hello” screen.
2. Swipe to follow the steps until you see the Wi-Fi screen. Make your new iPhone to join the Wi-Fi network.
3. Continue to follow the steps until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup > Next. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password.
4. Choose the backup you just made. Stay connected to Wi-Fi and wait the restore process to complete. It will take you some time, depends on the size of the backup file and the network speed.
1. Connect your current iPhone to your computer.
2. Open iTunes and make sure you have the latest version.
3. Select your device and click File >Devices > Transfer Purchases to save the content you have downloaded from the iTunes Store or App Store. Wait till the process finishes.
4. Click Back Up Now and wait for a while till the process completes. You can see the backup in iTunes Preferences > Devices.
Transfer the iTunes backup to your new iPhone
1. Turn on your new iPhone and connect to the computer that you stored your iTunes backup on.
2. Follow the steps until you see the Wi-Fi screen. Then tap Connect to iTunes.
3. Follow the steps to until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iTunes Backup > Next.
4. Enter your Apple ID and password.
5. Choose the backup you made and wait the process completes. If your backup is encrypted, you will be asked to enter the password.
6. Sync any content that wasn’t in the backup to your iPhone using iTunes.
Other ways to transfer data to new iPhone
Except iTunes and iCloud, we can use some other tools to transfer your data.
MobileTrans is an easy-to-use data transfer tool. It can transfer everything from one device to another device in one click. And it supports Android, IOS, Windows Mobile and even BlackBerry. So if you just get a new smartphone, and this tool can help you to transfer contacts, text messages, call logs, calendar, photos, videos, music and apps from your old phone to your new one.
AnyTrans is an IOS content manager program that can transfer content between your IOS devices. It supports all types of data: contacts, photos, music, messages, notes, calendar, even customized settings like wallpaper, iCloud account, sounds, apps, even app data and game saves, etc.