If you have deleted some very important messages when emptying your SMS box. You have to act fast. Because emptying your SMS box does not actually delete the messages, it just hides it from immediate view. So you still have the chance to get them back, or they will be overwritten by something else. Here we will show you how to recover deleted text messages from your Android phone.
Tools to recover deleted text messages
There are many different PC and Mac-based tools can help you, and they basically do the same thing: connect your Android phone to your computer, scan your Android’s memory, then identify and recover the deleted messages. Here we introduce an Android Data Recovery tool: Dr.Fone for Android.
After download the Android Data Recovery program. We still have something to do.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android.
- Root your Android is better, but not necessarily.
- Charge your phone, ensure its battery more than 20%.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android
Now let’s begin the recovery process. You will find it very simple and easy to operate.
Shënim: Please do not run any other Android management software during the whole recovery process.
Hap 1: Launch Android Data Recovery tool and connect your device to computer.
Connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer via USB. The program will show that it is connecting with your device. An app named MobileGo will be installed on your Android to guarantee the connection and recovery process.
Hap 2: Select the file types you want to recover
It can recover 8 types of file, please tick Messaging and click Next. If you want to recover others either, then tick them all.
Hap 3: Select a scanning mode
If you can identify the lost data is deleted, you can choose only scan for deleted files. Or you should try the other scanning mode.
Shënim: Only scanning deleted files will take less time.
Hap 4: Ready to start
The recovery tool will automatically root your device to recover maximum amount of data. After the recovery process your device will return to unrooted status. Click Start.
Hap 5: Scanning your Android
The program will start analyzing your device, and try to get root authorization. You should turn to your device and allow the SuperSU requrest.
Hap 6: Preview and recover deleted content
Dr.Fone for Android will list all the recoverable contents. You can preview them and decide what you want to recover. Tick them and click Recover. The recovered data will be saved as a HTML or TXT file on your computer.
How to never lose your text messages again
The best way to avoid data loss is backup. We suggest a free app called SMS Backup & Restore.
1. Open the app and tap rezervë.
2. Choose what exactly you want to create a backup of, then tap Local Backup only. It will save the backup file on your Android’s storage. If you want to send your backup file to Google Drive, Dropbox or an email address, you can choose the other.
3. To restore the messages from backup is very easy, just tap Restore on the homepage, and then tap the backup file in the list. If you have uploaded backup, tap the menu at the top right, then tap Load from.