Q:”I accidentally deleted whole conversation of text messages instead of 2 specific messages. How do I recover my deleted messages? They were not backed up by cloud.” – asked by ariat89
Everyone may encounter this problem. So the question is, how to retrieve the messages? The answer is, restoring from the backup file is always the best solution if you have a good backup habit. But if you do not have a backup? Don’t worry, this article will provide you with a solution.
Why we can retrieve the deleted messages?
When you delete a message on your phone, in fact, it does not actually deleted but just be invisible. The phone just delete it from the index file, so you can’t see it any more. But it does still exist on your phone. That is the reasion why we get some possibilities to find the message back.
How to retrieve deleted messages from Samsung Galaxy
We need a program that can scan your phone and try to get data back. There are many this type of software, like Dr.Fone for Android, Aiseesoft, etc. So you only need to select one of them and follow the instructions. Here we will use Dr.Fone for Android as an example.
1. Download Android Data Recovery program here, or its offical website.
2. Root your phone. (See also: How to root your Galaxy S5)
3. Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
4. Install the program and run it, then connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the PC. The program will start to connecting your device and your computer. An app named MobileGo will be installed automatically on your phone to guarantee the connection and recovery processes. And please do not start any other Android management software during this process.
5. Select the types of data you want to scan for: Contacts, SMS, Call Logs, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Photos, Videos, Audio, or some other files. Check them and click Next to continue.
6. Select a storage scanning mode: Scan for deleted files or Scan for all files. Hit Next.
7. Click Start button to begin scanning.
8. Wait for a few minutes until the process finishes. The program will give all the scanned data in lists. Select the data that needs to be recovered and click Recover. You can select a path on your computer to save these recovered data as a HTML or TXT file.
Note: The deleted ones will in orange and existing ones in black. You can separate them by using the button above: Only display deleted items.