You may looking for some free encryption software for your USB drive or hard drive. A few days ago, I was trying to find a USB encryption software for my uncle. But finally I found myself seeking far and neglecting what lies close at hand. Effettivamente, using the built-in Windows tool named BitLocker is the best as it is secure and requires no additional pay.
How to enable BitLocker to encrypt USB drive
Prima di tutto, you have to make sure that your computer’s operating system is any non-home flavor of Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Because home flavors of Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 do not have BitLocker tool in them. Also, any version of Windows before Windows Vista does not have BitLocker.
1. Login with administrator account to your Windows.
2. Insert the USB drive to your computer and double click This PC on the desktop.
3. Right-click the USB drive and click Turn On BitLocker.
4. scegliere how you want to unlock this drive. You can use a password or a smart card. Here I use a password to unlock the drive in this demonstration. (Using password will be more easier.)
5. Select a way to back up your recovery key. You can save it to your Microsoft account, a file on the computer, or print the recovery key. I choose save to a file.
Appunto: The recovery key is the backup key that you can use to access your encrypted USB drive in case you forget your password or lose your smart card.
6. Nel Save BitLocker recovery key as box, choose a save location, e quindi fare clic su Save.
7. on the following Choose how much of your drive to encrypt window, scegliere Encrypt used disk space only, which would be faster, e fare clic su Prossimo.
8. Fare clic Start encrypting if you are ready.
9. Wait till the encrypt process complete. This will take a long time, please be patient.
How to turn off BitLocker
Vai a Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking BitLocker Drive Encryption, then you can see the encryption status of each drive.
Fare clic Turn Off BitLocker, e quindi fare clic su Decrypt Drive. Wait till the process complete.