Q: Is there a way to recover my deleted iMessages back? I delete the iMessage conversation by accident. I want to get them back.
Q: iMessages signed me out of my account and then I found my old message gone, is there a way I can get them back?
iMessage is an instant messenger service developed by Apple Inc. for iOS and OS X Mountain Lion. It works via Wifi and Network and no phone charges. Many people like it. But sometimes it will go wrong, the conversation history would be deleted and you can’t find them. So how can we to recover the deleted iMessages conversation on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- If you have backed up your device
- If your device is lost but have backup
- If you didn’t back up your device
Things you need
Have iCloud or iTunes Backup
If you usually use iCloud or iTunes to back up your device. Now you can restore the iMessages back easily from the backup files. Recover deleted data from iCloud is very simple.
Device is lost and have a backup
If you device is lost and you have backed it up, iCloud or iTunes. You can get a new device and restore it to the previous backup in the iTunes. And you can also extract the iTunes backup files directly to save them on the PC/Mac with a 3rd-party software – Dr.fone.
1. Run the Software and choose “Recover from iTunes Backup File” mode. The program will display all your iTunes backup files in a list.
2. Choose the backup files and the program will start to extract it.
3. Preview and retrieve the iMessages. You can put back the recovered imessages to your devices.
Directly scan device and get imessages back
If you didn’t back up you device, you can use Dr.fone to scan the device directly. The program will give the results after a while.
1. Connect your device and choose “Recover from iOS Device” Mode.
Note: The program will use some functions of iTunes. So you need to install the latest iTunes first.
2. Follow the steps. Click “Start” button. The program would start to analyze your device and display the result. If your device is iPhone 3GS/4 or iPod Touch 4, maybe you need to download a plugin for it.
3. Preview the files displayed. Find those you deleted and select them to recover. Click the biggest “Recover” button to start the process. The recovered records will save to computer. (The latest version can import the recovered messages/imessages back to your devices. )